Take advantage of the account access and online tools through our medical carrier, United Healthcare Online.
- Register at myuhc.com
- Submit your UHC member number (or SSN)
- Submit WashU’s group number: #702111
Through myUHC.com, you can:
- Locate network providers anywhere in the United States.
- Order additional ID cards and/or print a temporary ID card.
- Review and manage your claims.
- Learn about programs and discounts that are available to UHC participants.
- Use the treatment cost estimator to estimate or compare provider fees for medical services in your area.
- Set up and manage a personal health record for you and your family members.
In addition to this site, other United Healthcare online resources include Health4Me Mobile App, Health Pregnancy Program, the Healthy Mind Healthy Body newsletter and access to virtual physician visits. Learn more about United Healthcare Online at myuhc.com.
The health of our members and the safety of those who deliver care are our top priorities. COVID-19 is a rapidly evolving national health emergency, and we’re working closely with national, state and local health organizations.
We are committed to business continuity and being there to assist you. You can get the latest COVID-19 news from StudentResources on our News Page.
Provider Customer Service
To verify eligibility or check the status of claims submitted, please refer to the Provider Customer Service number on the patient’s ID Card, or contact Customer Service at 1-888-224-4875.
Provider Referrals to United Healthcare online Networks
If you are interested in referring a provider to a UnitedHealthcare Network or are a provider interested in joining a UnitedHealthcare Network, please print and follow the Referral Procedures.
Please note: In Hawaii, Idaho, Maine, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Upper Michigan, and Western Wisconsin, UnitedHealth Networks leases an existing network of physicians, hospitals, and other health care professionals from a separate network company. The leased vendor is responsible for contracting with physicians, hospitals, and other health care professionals thus the nomination process is handled differently.
Participating UnitedHealthcare Network Providers: Update your demographic information
If you are a participating provider in a United Healthcare online Network and you would like to update your demographic information, you may select from three options:
1) Fax your demographic changes to 1-855-773-3156
2) Call your changes into 1-866-842-3278
3) Use the provider portal to submit your changes at United Healthcare Online
UnitedHealthcare Commercial Reimbursement Policies
You can visit United Healthcare online Commercial Reimbursement Policies for more information.
New Jersey Health Care Provider Application to Appeal a Claims Determination
If you would like to appeal a claims determination, you can complete, print and submit the Appeal Form.
Negotiation Request Form For New Jersey Out-of-Network Providers Only
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care: Provider Claims Appeal
If you are participating provider in the Harvard Pilgrim Health Care network and would like to file a claims appeal, please open, complete, print and submit the Provider Appeal form.
Did you know that by enrolling in Change Healthcare ePayment you can switch from receiving paper based claim payments to electronic payments that are directly deposited into your bank account? Enrollment takes only three simple steps and is free! For more information please visit Change Healthcare (
Partner Center: Sets the bar high!
You may have noticed that we’ve been lighthearted and a little humorous in other parts of this site. That’s intentional and we hope it makes insurance more approachable and easier to understand for students. But, when it comes to Partner Center’s tools, we’re very serious about making your job easier.
Partner Center is a set of online tools designed specifically to support these student insurance processes:
- Waiver Management including:
- Early Enrollment: Student information is transmitted to our system immediately, and ID Cards are made available up to 30 days prior to the policy start date
- Student Health Center Referrals
- Student Health Center Ledger Billing
- Student Insurance Management
Totally online and in real time: Waiver Management handles it all:
- Student list upload and ongoing maintenance
- Tailored online waiver election and enrollment forms
- Send online waiver election and/or enrollment communications to students using preloaded templates
- Automatic approval/denial of waiver requests based on your comparable coverage requirements
- Automatic notification to students, both onscreen and via email, of the waiver decision and/or their enrollment/election status
- Eligibility list creation
- Robust reporting capability for all waiver data
Used by hard working Student Health Center staffers to submit Ledger Billing Claims and Student Health Center Referral information directly to UnitedHealthcare StudentResources. No paper, no faxes, no emails. Fast, accurate and at your fingertips!
Student Health Center Referral
Stop the madness; or, at least, stop the faxes! If your policy requires referrals of students to off-campus providers, Student Health Center Referral moves the process online and it reduces claim processing errors. Use Student Health Center Referral to:
- Enter your student referrals quickly and easily
- View all referrals by date range
- Export all your referrals to Excel for easy offline reference
Ledger Billing Claims Submission
Reduced reimbursement wait times? Yes! Please! Use Partner Center’s Ledger Billing Claims tool, submit ledger billing claims online and see an average turnaround time of seven days! This flexible tool supports:
- Entering single claims
- Batch upload multiple claims from your Practice Management System
- Search and retrieve submitted claims
- Verify student eligibility
- Put claims on hold if you’re pending eligibility
- Generate claims reports
Partner Center’s ledger billing tool works with popular Practice Management Systems:
- Medicat Practice Management System
- PyraMED by Media Highway
- Point n Click
- Pro Pharm
You’re on the front lines, aren’t you? Students look to you for help with their student insurance account questions. You can look to Insurance Management to search for and review student insurance account information quickly and easily. Of course, only qualified (as defined by HIPAA. ) school representatives are permitted to access that information which includes:
- Verification of student’s coverage
- ID card printing
- Locating preferred providers
- Details about value-added benefits like HealthiestYou, UnitedHealth Allies, and UnitedHealthcare Global (global emergency medical services)
- Prescription plan information
- Verification of Student Health Center claims status