Hollard Ghana combines its deep local knowledge of the market with the world-class expertise of an international insurance brand. With our headquarters in South Africa but our feet firmly planted on Ghanian soil, we’re able to deliver innovative insurance solutions that are customised to the unique risks you face.
Starting out in Ghana as Madison Insurance in 1993, we were recapitalised and renamed Metropolitan Insurance Company Limited (MET) in 1997. In 2006, we took the decision to move our focus away from life insurance to other personal and commercial insurance products. In 2015, the Hollard Group acquired a majority shareholding in the company. Today, we have offices in Tema, Kumasi, Takoradi, and Tamale.
Our network of 24 Hollard2U customer service centres are run by our Relationship Managers, and we have 40 fulltime sales executives working across Ghana. We’re a member of the Ghana Insurers Association (GIA), West Africa Insurance Companies Association (WAICA), and the African Insurance Organization (AIO).
Hollard Ghana Executive Motor Insurance
Cover for busy executives who rely on their private vehicle from day to day.
- Accidental collisions, overturning or more
- Damage from fire, external explosions, self-ignition or lightning
- Theft or malicious acts
- Damage as a result of floods, storms, earthquakes, riots, strikes and civil commotion, or while it’s being carried by road, rail, inland waterway, lift or elevator
- Damage to third party property with a guaranteed limit of GHC4,000.00, or death and injury for which the insured is legally liable
So how is our executive motor insurance different from standard comprehensive car insurance?
- We’ll cover the costs of renting a temporary replacement vehicle while your normal vehicle is being repaired
- We’ll pay for the cost of towing your car if you break down or have an accident
- As the insured party, you bear no portion of the claim as a deductible, and you keep your no-claims discount even after you make a claim
Whether you’re an individual living in Ghana, or a corporate with fleets of vehicles used by key management personnel, our executive motor insurance is the ideal choice. Get the executive motor insurance form
Hollard Personal Accident Insurance
Insure your lifestyle
- You are between the ages of 15 and 70
- You have sustained bodily injury caused by a violent accident of external and visible means
- The accident has resulted in death, permanent or temporary total disability and corresponding medical expenses
Personal Injury Cover Optional Benefits.
Exposure to elements, starvation and/or thirst
- Burn accidents causing disfigurement
- An accident resulting in the need for a life support system for more than 2 consecutive days
Why choose Hollard Personal Accident Insurance
Being injured in an accident can drastically change life as you know it, as well as the lives of those closest to you. An accidental injury could leave you temporarily or permanently disabled, making it difficult to look after your family – not to mention the extra medical expenses you will have. In the event that you lose your life, you will no longer be around to provide for your family and loved ones.
It is important that you are prepared to deal with any major accident or injury that could potentially result in disability or death. When you buy a Hollard personal accident insurance policy you and your family are covered against temporary and permanent disability, and death caused by an injury.
Personal injuries can adversely affect your earning capacity, daily expenses, well-being and lifestyles of your family in many ways. Our personal accident insurance gives you 24-hour cover, which means you are not limited by the activity you are partaking in at the time of the accident. So you will receive cover regardless of whether you are at work or not when the accident happens. Download Form from here
Hollard Fire Insurance.
Cover your possessions against loss or damage from fire and other allied perils.
What Fire Insurance Allied Risks covers.
- Explosions – Covers domestic explosions and associated fires. This excludes steam generating boilers, economisers or other vessels, machinery or apparatus or their contents resulting from their own explosion or implosion.
- Windstorms – Covers complete roofed buildings and contents thereof. This excludes partially constructed building and good stored in the open.
- Earthquakes or volcanic eruptions – Covers against loss or damage caused either by earthquake shock and fire or volcanic eruption.
- Burst Pipes – Bursting or overflowing water tanks, apparatus or pipes.
- Floods – Covers against severe weather conditions that cause loss or damage due to rapid rise in water levels.
- Aircraft damage and/or articles – Covers loss, destruction or damage caused by aircraft, other aerial or space devices and articles dropped from them. This excluding those caused by pressure waves.
- Impact damage – Covers loss of or visible physical damage or destruction caused to your insured property due to impact by any rail/road vehicle or animal by direct contact that is not owned by:- The insured or any occupier of the premises or
– Their employees while acting in the course of their employment.
- Direct loss or damage to your property that is caused by strikers and/or riots.
- The loss or damage to your property caused by any malicious act.
No matter where you live, unexpected events can affect your home and damage the possessions you have inside it. Windstorms, lightning, floods and fires, and even riots or acts of vandalism…these can happen at anytime, and can involve huge costs to repair your house or replace your belongings. Get a flexible fire insurance quote to guard against fire and allied risks and get the right policy for your needs. Get fire insurance form here
Cover yourself against a burglary in your home.
What Hollard Burglary Insurance covers.
- We will cover the cost of replacing your personal items if there is actual forcible or violent breaking into or exit from your home or any other insured premises
- We will also cover the damage to your insured premises as a result of this forcible entry or exit
Burglary and Theft Insurance Exclusions.
Our policy does not cover the following:
- Loss or damage done by someone who is lawfully on the premises, such as an employee or friend
- Loss or damage that happens while your premises are left empty or without a caretaker for a continuous period exceeding four consecutive days
Crime may or may not be on the rise in the neighborhood where you live, but you should still be prepared. Even with the most high-tech security measures in place, your home may be a target for a burglary.
Having electronic equipment, jewelry and other things stolen from out of your house is a horrible experience, and the costs involved in replacing these possessions can be huge.
Our burglary insurance compensates you for the loss or damage of your personal property as a result of an actual theft or attempted break in. Get a quote for a tailored insurance policy that covers burglary, theft or robbery. Download Burglary Form
What Hollard Travel Insurance gives you.
- View quote instantly
- Issue your policy in 3 STEPS
- Receive your policy and visa letter immediately. No waiting
- Affordable travel insurance rates and Professional service
- Online claims submission and fair claim handling
- Supported and Administered by Oojah Travel Protection
Compare our product options.
|Maximum Age||70 years||81 years||70 years|
|Overseas Medical – Excess €50||Refer below||Refer below||Refer below|
|Evacuation/ Repatriation /Return of mortal remains||Included 1.1||Included 1.1||Included 1.1|
|Dental or Optical: Illness||€300||€300||€450|
|Travel Delay – Excess €50||Refer below||Refer below||Refer below|
|Any one article/pair/set of articles (Single item limit)||€150||€150||€250|
|Personal Accident – Death/Permanent Disablement||€3 000||Nil||€5 000|
|Carrier Accumulation limit||€3 500 000||€3 500 000||€3 500 000|
What you are covered for.
- 31 Medical conditions you already have
- 101 Sports and Activities
- Winter sports and Cruise travel insurance
- Children covered for free
- Family and Groups of 10+ discount
- Top-up for free medical cover
- Senior travel insurance (up to 81 years)
- Holiday and Business travel insurance
- Medical emergency
- Cancel your trip due to illness, injury or death
- Cancel for any reason
- Flight depart late
- Miss a connecting flight or cruise
- Theft or damage to personal belongings
- You become legally liable
- Bad weather
- An unexpected strike
- Your bags are delayed
- Accidental death or permanent disability
- Repatriation of mortal remains
- Unexpected terrorist attack
Call us for authorisation.
There are some things we must authorise. When you need medical treatment for costs higher than K10,000 you MUST call us for authorisation BEFORE you receive the treatment, unless you are being treated in the emergency department for a life threatening condition.
Some activities are not covered.
We know that there are lots of fun and exciting things to do overseas. We are not saying don’t do them – but we are saying that we can’t cover you for high-risk activities be they in the air (Parachuting, Skydiving, Hang Gliding), on the snow (off-piste skiing), or on solid rock (Mountaineering or Rock Climbing).
Protect your biggest asset against damage from fire, theft, or allied perils.
What Home Insurance Covers.
- Third party liability cover for injury or damage to third party property
- Damage caused by escape of water or oil from fixed water or heating installations or domestic appliances
- Your outbuildings, swimming pools, fences, plumbing and other parts of your home.
- Subsidence and heave of the site on which the building stands or landslip
- Compensation for injury or death of indoor servants, gardeners, chauffeurs and security staff under our Workmen’s Compensation section
- The cost of alternative accommodation while your building is uninhabitable after an insured event
- Cover for pedal cycles kept in your home
- In case the building is destroyed and need to be rebuilt, architects and surveyor’s fees, clearance costs and costs incurred to comply with local authority requirements
- All Risks insurance is provided for personal effects within the insured building.
- Liability for death or injury to third parties or damage to their property.
Visit their website for more products and information CLICK HERE!